Friday, November 10, 2006

This past week.

Has been pretty average with usual things like a grading deadline, which I made by the skin of my teeth, and an exam which quite effectively took the wind out of my sails. This was also Election Week and the Dems are celebrating. Michigan seems to have stayed mostly blue. In response to the election excitement, I shrugged myself out of my usual political apathy and did some reading/listening and talked to people around me. Knowing this is Ann Arbor and the people I talk to usually are University (read liberal) types, that lead to a certain lopsided (no, that is a strong view), lets say one sided view. However, Proposal 2 has been passed. The President of the UM's address is here. Also included here is what the Michigan Civil Rights Initiative has to say. On a completely different line, Pradeep has given me a poker lesson, and as a reward, I have included him in my blogroll (j/k). My cousin M is visiting this weekend and the weather is busy conspiring to ruin any ideas of an outdoor day trip. Drat! That seems to cover things, and oh, my roomie's car gave him a nasty turn yesterday when the transmission went kaput. He was quite shaken up.

No comments: