Wednesday, November 15, 2006

And Anirban sez....

"Attribute it to our superiority as an erudite, scholastically accomplished, and culturally advanced race."

you missed out one point Akash: that we are vulturally advanced as well..... incidentally other races are equal to us in this particular respect.....

The above statement shows that your views are biased without enough statistics.....
have you ever visited the music schools, drama schools anywhere outside Bengal? As for example, Pune or anywhere in the South?? I haven't but I believe that there are states equally good and capable...... by which I mean that there are people in other states who are quite advanced culturally and at times better than you and me....... IISc for example: Prodyut-da, Anand, Ananth, Karthik and a few others are truly good singers/musicians ..... not all of them are bongs....

For that matter, are you capable enough of judging the superiority of some Pandit in Bengal (Pandit Anindyo Chattopadhyay in Tabla for example) vs some Pandit outside Bengal? I am not, so I refrain from writing nonsense, in general. That is the problem with all of us..... which includes me as well.... we boast of our ancestors without ever thinking of doing something original or encouraging someone else to do something creative..... we spend a major time of our life as critics.......

"What Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow"

has changed into:

What the USA thinks today, Bengal criticizes tomorrow, and replicates the same day-after-tomorrow...... unfortunately, we were born on earth Akash.... not in the sky..... realize that! It is good to be proud of your race, but remember that we are not the best...... at least at this point of time.

Can the situation be changed? I don't know... I have never thought about it before...... and I have my small little life to live and make a few others happy.....

(Incidentally, USA was just an example.... I won't hesitate to replace it with Russia, Cuba, or for that matter even Iraq.... forgetting about the advanced nations.)

No comments: