Thursday, November 16, 2006

Joy-Joy

Meanwhilst, Orkut has gloriously screwed up again by telling me that I will always have good luck in my personal relationships. I remember this singularly awful movie I once saw called ‘Demolition Man’ which has Stallone and Snipes battling it out after being unfrozen from a cryogenic state after what? maybe a seventy odd years. The society of that point has become an exceedingly nonviolent one, somewhat unsure of itself. So we have this random bloke going up to an electronic terminal at a street and being counseled for depression by the computer, which tells him that he inspired feelings of ‘joy-joy’ in people around him.
My point being that this ‘warm and fuzzy’ thing that people like so much is being carried way to far in certain parts of the world while other parts deal with problems like malnutrition, disease and war. There is precious little warm and fuzzy for them. If they manage to survive the next week, that will be something to be happy about.
My suggestion, if it is worth anything is that people, (people, not governments) embrace reality and realism without the rosy lenses provided to them by sanitized news and adverts. Perhaps, it is an indication of my joblessness that such a comment was provoked by Orkut, of all things, but that does not lesson its import.

No comments: