Thursday, June 29, 2006

sandwiches


Sandwiches for Lunch.

Methinks an alternate career as the owner of a sandwich bar is not a terribly bad option. I am a big fan of the club sandwich (although I think it is badly overpriced). My own sandwiches (my standard lunch) are regular no-frills grocery bread toasted with a filler of some kind of turkey-daal mishmash, or maybe a rajma/moong daal based thingummy. Takes no time at all to put together (of course, the filling must be made beforehand). An extra sizzle is added by a layer of Jalapeno cream cheese.

Bread keeps for a long time. The current loaf was crushed by someone putting a bag on top of it. That is why my sandwiches this week will have a peculiarly misshapen look. It was quite a fight getting it into, and then out of the toaster this morning. Looks strange too.

No comments: