Thursday, June 15, 2006

Biochemistry in the time of Devi-Pokhho

something that i had written shortly before a biolchem midterm in the first semester.

the timing, was just before Durga Pujo

thou shalt not fear
the evil testmakers,
thou shalt not shed a tear
at the wisdom of other test takers,
thou shalt be martyred
on thine vicous alter of biolchem,
and thy cenotaph shalt read
''twas not my cuppa, i told 'em'


in a better life, my ears would still be ringing with the musics of mahalaya, i would be ironing my best 'panjabis' for shoptomi, ashtami and nabami,
the natok group would be running around like a bunch of crazies looking for last minute props, and my dreams would involve many many fish cutlets and
lots of biriyani.

instead, here i am, shuttling between class, lab, teaching and dreading a test at 7 pm today.

my life sucks with the force of a thousand vaccuum cleaners.

No comments: