Tuesday, June 13, 2006

barbecue

This Saturday was quite fun. I started out with my usual trip to the library, except that this time, it was on my newly acquired cycle. For some reason, markin people seem to call a 'cycle' a 'bike'. That makes no sense, since to my meager understanding, a bike is a petrol guzzling chick-wagon.

Whatever. Library trip done, I went down to the lab. No, to make matters perfectly clear, I am not one of those unhappy souls who itch and go into withdrawal symptoms when away from the lab at weekends. I used to be, though. But pray do not be deluded into believing that hours put in translates into productivity. It might, if we were all call centre employees. But then, that, I believe is the fundamental problem. However, again, I digress.

My friend J is graduating, and she had asked me to a barbecue at her place. In attendance was her whole lab (that is a lot of people + families). So this was the markin barbecue that I have attended. I must say, its an excellent way of spending a lazy Saturday afty. We played frisbee for a bit, the kids had loads of fun, the food was smashing. All said, a great afternoon.

No comments: