Monday, April 28, 2014

Remember that time - 2

Milford, Michigan, Christmastime. This was usually a strange time. Most people with families in the US would be out of time. My Chennai-born friends always scheduled their annual CBT alumni get-together this time of the year. So, that one year, I spent a long weekend marathoning horror movies. On yet another Christmas-New Year, I had ended up with a bunch of Korean visiting scholars who did not speak English. I do not speak Korean. We managed to get hammered together. That was a good time. There was THAT other time when I was snowed in at the lab for four days. Canned food and microwaved tea. Got some work done, though.

Given all this, you can see how the Yuletide does not induce feelings of joy-joy in me. My friends know this. And sometimes they put in some effort to make me see the bright side of the season. So there was that time our friend Court invited me to her folks for Christmas dinner. A nicer, warmer, friendlier family would be difficult to find. I spent a very nice day at their place with some truly fabulous food - rounded up with an evening of board games. And here is a pic taken that day.

No comments: