Monday, April 21, 2014

Mammoth Caves and Kentucky Bourbon

Sometime last summer, we had been to the Mammoth Caves National Park. The name does not come from any association with woolly mammoths, but simply the fact that the cave system is truly immense. Surveyed passages are more than 640 km long. Someday I might write a decent sized blogpost on that trip - including how the US National Park Service and the Department of the Interior are my favourite organs of the Federal government (I lie, I lie, it is the NIH - but these come a close second).

But for now, I am going to simply plug in a picture of one of the simple joys of that part of the world. Yes, take good old fashioned Kentucky bourbon, stick it inside a chocolate truffle - and presto! Simple, unpretentious and a whole lotta fun.


No comments: