Wednesday, July 25, 2007

As the (late) Mad-Eye Moody would have said...

the things I do not know would fill several volumes.. or something like that I imagine. Take for example the fact that the movie Wing Commander is based on a famous video game. I am not a VG player at all.. so this is one aspect of pop culture totally closed to me. I was thinking about this movie because it is the only other movie starring Mathew Lillard I have ever heard of..and Lillard, (incidentally also a Michigander.. who would have guessed, given his accent?) starred in Wicker Park, a nice fillum made totally beautiful by the presence of Rose Byrne (you might remember her from Troy.. that homo-erotic action epic where she was this wonderful piece of window dressing). Again, she does not appear to be related in any way to Gabriel of the same family name... him of the creepy Catholic persuasion... has much to do with Satanic cloak and dagger in so many fillums. Nice for Rose!

No comments: