Thursday, October 23, 2008

The most important feature in any browser.

Happens to be the ability to symmetrically enlarge the font size without blowing up the web page asymmetrically and making all the links difficult to find. This is also true in another sense of any text editor. Why use a smaller font and strain your eyes, when you can have a nice large comfortably font size. 12 sucks. Use 16. Or larger.

Firefox 3 does this beautifully. Download it here. I don't have IE, so I don't know if it does.

Also, a note to webpage designers. Blogs/articles which have less than 10 words per line suck bitter lemons. Lemons shaped like dills. Do you know why I am using such a complex metaphor? because in the first draft, I tried to be explicitly rude and the fookin' blogger interface wouldn't fookin' let me!

Anyway, here I am.. so webmasters, .. dudes... design webpages in two formats. Letterbox/Normal and widescreen. We will all thank you.

No comments: