Thursday, October 09, 2008

Email clients.. any suggestions?

I use pine. I am not afraid to admit it. It is not the snazziest interface around, in fact if it were less snazzy, it would be in direct competition with sending homing pigeons. But it never asks me to use a mouse and it never crashes. If my browser is slowed down by some junk piece of HTML on one tab, everything else might freeze. But pine, secure on its own desktop, never complains.

But there are problems:
1. attachments: they download on the IMAP server. that sucks.
2. address book implementations. not cross compatible with anything else.

So, I would like to ask the world for suggestions
I would like to email clients, for a Mac and for a RHEL desktop. Both should be free, interfaceable with Kerberos authenticated webmail, and lastly, both should have one click 'download all as a zip file'. Maybe two clicks .

2 comments:

Pradeep said...

Thunderbird

Unknown said...

hmmmm