Saturday, January 19, 2008

Green Patches.

Someone sent me a 'Green Patches' invite on Facebook. Apparently, it has something to do with stopping global warming. Without going into a discussion about Global Warming (see, I think the topic deserves capital letters), I wonder how just joining a group on facebook (note small letters here) will help. I don't really see how. Ok, I appreciate the general effort in that it is good to educate people about issues affecting the environment, but I doubt that just being on Facebook and creating a community will help. My point it that it might assuage whatever latent guilt there is in people who might actually make a difference without making that difference. By the way, Green Patches was the name of a short story by Asimov which did make quite an impact on me, a long time ago.

No comments: