Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chhotu



Chhotu was my cat. She died last week. Almost towards the end of Durga pujo. I use the phrase ‘my cat’ with some caution. No one ever really owns a cat, quite unlike owning a dog. A cat affiliates itself to a household, and gathers around itself a crowd of willing servants. Chhotu was the third cat in the current series. The first, of course was the redoubtable Biplobi Beral Meowzedong Bhattacharya. The second is Motu, a ‘hulo beral’ who displays maturity beyond his years. Indeed, Motu’s favourite companion is 80 year old Mr. Das who lives across the street. And then Chhotu. Chhotu was small, and cautious to the point of being perpetually terrified of everything. How she actually bought it remains something of a mystery. What is true is that she will not be around to bug me when I go home on vacations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She looks like my cat Biscuit