Tuesday, March 21, 2006

then and now

professional behaviour:

a long time ago, ,almost a lifetime, i might say, i used to be routinely amazed by the ease with which my seniors, say R, R, A and A used to work out math which i found mind bogglingly difficult. they said that it was just a matter of perspective.. i disagreed and was inevitably depressed. at the point when i realised that my days of turning around and screaming for HEEEEELP!!!! are forever gone, i found myself in a wetlab. me. the bloke who can hardly make a decent cup of tea without mishap. and again find myself screaming for HEEEEEEELP!!!!! this time somewhat louder.. cos with math, the worst that can happen is you get it wrong. in a wetlab, the worst that can happen, no lets not go there. and so i look at Q, my senior who setup a gel inn what looked like 30 seconds. it takes me half and hour to do the same. and wonder whether professionalism is ever going to be something i achieve?

No comments: