Thursday, October 16, 2014

Spotted in town - a 1950s MG Roadster

There are few designs as wonderfully timeless as the classic British roadster. This is not to be confused with the very different American convertible. The 'Murcan is usually a giant land yacht with its roof sliced off. The Brit is usually a purpose built, body on frame, short wheelbase sculpted delight. 
MG was known for making such lovely things. What we have here is a 1950s MG Type T something or the other. Found on a Sunday evening when I was out getting some desi groceries. I honked at the nice gent. He stopped, I gawked, found my tongue, expressed my heartfelt admiration. Nice gent and his missus turned out to be good sports and allowed me to pull the old pheun out and snap a few pics. A salute to you, friend.
 





No comments: