Friday, August 03, 2007

IQ x Sexual Activity = Constant.


Finally explained... why smart people never get laid!!

This graph plots the percentage of Wellesley undergraduates who are still virgins. Let me point out some important facts here:
1. None of the studio arts students are virgins.
2. The highest percentage of virgins is 83%: in Math.
3. Physics does not even figure on this list.
4. Wellesley is a liberal arts women's college.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions about the sexual fate of (male) physicists at premier institutions (read schools which do not label themselves as "liberal arts colleges".. but are better described as "research universities").

This links to the original article found, of all places, on SlashDot.
http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/intercourse-and-intelligence.php

And the PubMed (and why not? we are scientists here..) reference to a detailed study is here.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10706169&dopt=AbstractPlus

3 comments:

V. R. Rutledge said...

This is priceless!! I'm a physics major and was a virgin until I left college and married.(not by choice, in either case) Helium, a writers website, has a debate going on about this very subject,, and the articles should include this one. The debate topic is "A study says students with higher IQs are less likely to be sexually active" if anyone's interested.

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web
the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while
people consider worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole
thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.
Will probably be back to get More.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I comment whenever I appreciate a article on a site or if I have something to valuable to contribute to the discussion.

It's caused by the passion communicated in the article I read. And after this post "IQ x Sexual Activity = Constant.". I was moved enough to write a thought ;) I do have a few questions for you if it's okay.
Is it only me or do a few of the comments come across as
if they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting at other places, I would like to keep up
with you. Would you make a list the complete urls of all
your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?


Feel free to surf to my blog post The Effect In Free Tube Websites On The Entertainment Business