Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Monday morning blues.. posted on Tuesday

Monday morning blues.

To being with, Mondays are bloody awful!!! Not because I shudder at the prospect of a week of work, nothing like that, not remotely, I assure you… in fact, I go to work with a carefree whistle on my lips and walking pretty much on clouds. No, the problem is more insidious… it has something to do with the fact that my roomies, yes, both of them were up at 1.15 on Monday morning, or was it Sunday night.. whatever.. listening to random music videos. With rapt attenshun, I might add.


Sooo, Monday blues… I have to get to work, well, am working on this thing, which I shall refer to as Rich Dark Chocolate. In fact, it has nothing whatsoever to do with chocolate, I just call it that for my own satisfaction.

Yes, blues. I was watching Scorpio last night, and there is a review of that somewhere on my blog. I also fixed and posted a few pics, which can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/feelingdisconnected/

I also got into a slanging match with my good friend Sick. He isn’t really sick, we like to call him that. Sick flies planes for the Navy.

Recollecting Saturday.
It was all my fault. I had suggested that we go to the arboretum after the picnic. Which we did. And that led to the infinitely shady series of pics which feature earlier in the blog. After which we decided to indulge in some som-ras. Som-ras, is the classical Aryan word for.. booze. Yes, som-ras. I asked S to use his discretion and get some whiskey. Methinks Ousghian Zodas are what make liff that much more tolerable. For reference, read the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Well, S went and got a half of Johnny-f-in-Walker!!! Do I look that well off? Whatever, having never tasted booze soooo expensive, yes, reader, I am something of a plebian.. and really unapologetic about it… yes, I have to say that it was worth it. That stuff goes down without a murmur, and makes for a great mix. The damper was the fact that my other roomie, another S has a completely unhealthy obsession with the movie Troy and insists on seeing it as many times as possible. For instance, while having lunch, while tying his shoelaces, while having whiskey.. get it?

Sunday:
Cooked a pseudo chili for lunch which went quite well. Also cooked a Malabar chicken preparation in the evening, except that I went and (on Ma’s advice) added a glass of milk towards the end and thus made it somewhat Kashmiri. So if you start with Malabar and then go Kashmiri, that becomes…. Marathi?

No comments: