Monday, August 28, 2006

Aandhi

Aandhi was a movie of some greatness. It deals with a lady politician (played by the incomparable Suchitra Sen, really incomparable, look at her granddaughters and shudder!) in conversation with her former lover (again, played to perfection by Sanjeer Kumar). The music was by Rahul Dev Barman, again a genius who needs no introduction.

So here I am, sometime in the afty in lab, working on a peaklist. If I knew how to code in python, I would probably write a few lines of snazzy code which would simply edit the file just the way I want it. Well, I do not code. If I had any sense, I would start working in Vi, the king of editors and be done quickly. No! methinks I should work in Nedit, this simplified Notepad clone which runs across quite a few platforms. Well, to be honest, Nedit has its strengths, though I seriously doubt if it can be compared, to Kate. Then I figured that I can work on Vi as well, I mean this is a UNIX machine, right, so Vi should be good. Delight! Ya! It works!!!

I am also listening to Aandhi on streaming music. Kishoreda and Lata sing sooooo beautifully. And yes, for the better part of decade, this used to be my sister’s favourite movie album. Which meant that I hated it from the bottom of my heart. Looks like I have recovered.

No comments: