Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Matador

I have to say this about the moviegoing public. They are absolute phookin' gits. Why, you ask? because The Matador, a 2005 film about an assassin suffering from a terrible midlife crisis bombed. It raked in a paltry 10 mil at the box office. While, our own Michael Bay's videogame turned retard-central movie made more than the GDP of several small European nations. You know which one you watched and which one you didn't give a shite about. What a cryin' shame... this was our man Pierce Brosnan's very finest moment.. with awesome support by Greg Kinnear.

And now for your amusement, I will include a small selection of the best lines from The Matador. Courtesy IMDB, of course!
Julian Noble: I'm as serious as an erection problem.
Julian Noble: [after flirting with some Mexican schoolgirls] I hate these Catholic countries. It's all blushy-blushy and no sucky-fucky.
Julian Noble: I look like a Bangkok hooker on a Sunday morning, after the navy's left town.
Julian Noble: An assassin without confidence is a horrible thing to behold. It's like a relief pitcher who fumbles the ball.
Danny Wright: Please tell me you know you mixed two sports in a metaphor.
Julian Noble: Huh? Yeah, I can't do that.

No comments: