Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Recent events.

Which are of no consequence to anyone. Hence, this explains why I blog. I blog mostly because it gives me immense delight to laugh at my own thoughts six months later (I was actually doing that??!!)

Pradeep wanted to hang out and get dinner yesterday. Which was fine. I was walking down this road when I saw this church and caught myself thinking 'nice light (or lack thereof); I should come back with my camera.' (To answer your unvoiced question, yes: I think in complete grammatical sentences.) Then I realized that what was weighing me down on my left side, was, in fact my camera. Out it came, and there I was having a lot of fun shooting random angles of the church. Taking good architecture pics without a wide angle lens is not always easy. But then, it is the photographer first and his gear next.. so no complaints.

Anyway, dinner happened. After that, actually quite a bit later, Bachhi came over and brought with her, a copy of Eli Roth's Hostel. This is a particularly gruesome movie (t**s and gore), and hence we all wanted to watch it. Which probably explains why I am feeling so woozy now.

I told Pradeep that I am using shell scripts with awk programming to handle log files from REDCAT analysis. He shuddered and told me to learn Perl or Python or something equally funky. I don't know when that will happen. I am still learning awk.

1 comment:

Pradeep said...

If you are learning awk right now before your prelims, I can give you a quick 1hr tutorial on Python, so that you can use it instead of awk dinosaur.